An Introduction to Guiding
Guiding is a game - with a purpose. It provides opportunities for girls and young women to:
- Be challenged by new adventures and experiences and achieve a sense of pride in accomplishment.
- Develop self awareness, self respect and self-confidence.
- Develop values to give life meaning and direction, to think for themselves, govern themselves, and make their own decisions.
- Make friends and have fun in the family of guiding.
- Develop a sense of tolerance, justice, kindness and honour, learn teamwork and acquire leadership skills. Working with and for others.
- Appreciate the environment and how to live in it.
- Understand and learn about the world, its people and concerns.
Groups in Boroughbridge District
Rainbows (5-7 years)
Rainbows have fun! They take part in indoor and outdoor activities as part of their programme called the rainbow jigsaw. Our tow rainbow units meet on Tuesday and Thursday respectively.
Brownies (7-10 years)
Brownies play games try new activities and can earn a wide range of badges whilst having lots of fun. They may even go away in holiday! The brownies will be challenged to do their best during the brownie adventure. There are 3 brownie units meeting as follows:
- Monday and Tuesday in Boroughbridge
- Thursday in Aldborough
Guides (10-14 years)
Being a guide is all about belonging to a group, learning new skills, making new friends and helping others. Come and try all kinds of activities both indoors and outdoors including camping. Guides meet on Tuesday.
Senior section (14-26 years)
Rangers do a variety of activities in different locations and do not meet on a regular day.
They do lots of challenging activities which may contribute to Duke of Edinburgh awards or Queens Guide the highest Guide award.
Can you help?
if your aged 18 or over and would like the chance to have fun, make friends and learn new skills – try volunteering. All our local groups are run by trained volunteers but need help. It could be you! Help the women of tomorrow by volunteering today!
JOIN GIRLGUIDING U.K THE LARGEST ORGANISATION FOR GIRLS IN THE U.K WITH APPROX 600,000 MEMBERS.
27 Hill View
Telephone: 01423 322867