Boroughbridge Lions are a group of men and women living in and around Boroughbridge who wish to give something back to the community by supporting local people and organisations.
There are over 48,000 Lions clubs around the world which are also members of Lions Clubs International, the world's largest service organisation with 1.4 million members serving in more than 180 countries. The association is non-political and non-sectarian.
What we do:
Many of you will be aware that every December we accompany Father Christmas and his sleigh as he visits Boroughbridge and the surrounding villages. This is our biggest fund-raising activity of the year.
The majority of monies raised by the Club are put back into our local community to help deserving individuals, families, clubs and organisations.
We also organise the annual Family Cycle Day which is usually held in June but due to COVID-19 we had to postpone it this year. This event attracts many participants who cycle from Boroughbridge to Great Ouseburn and back.
In addition to this we help other organisations by:
· marshalling at their events such as the Knaresborough Bed Race, Great Yorkshire Bike Ride, Boroughbridge Ghost Walk
· supporting charities on their collection days e.g. Marie Curie, "Young Lives vs Cancer" (formerly known as CLIC Sargent)
· supporting Boroughbridge Community Care in many of their activities
Where and when we meet:
We meet up on the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7.00pm at Boroughbridge Social Club, 14 Fishergate, Boroughbridge YO51 9AL. Meetings usually last about 90mins.
If you would like to do something worthwhile in the community, meet new friends and have some fun please come along - anyone aged 18 and over would be more than welcome.
If you would like to request support from our club or are interested in becoming a member, please either:
· use the contact form on our website https://www.hugofox.com/community/boroughbridge-98-lions-16011/contact-us/
· or email: email@example.com
· or ring: Paul Bullivant on 07836 707274